At our second meeting on June 7th, we picked our first project: Canvasteroids
We chose to work on this project because we felt we could make some significant improvements to the example game (plus we needed something easy to get our feet wet). In one week, we added a life and score counter, a hyperspace button, “how to play” guide, thruster animation, and a few other useful things (see all our contributions).
After the week was up, we submitted our changes to the project’s author (via a GitHub pull-request). He merged them in immediately and thanked us, and we got to pat ourselves on the back 🙂
Week one: successful!
[Update: David Wilhem’s made a blog post about our contributions: Updates to Asteroids]